Here’s what’s happening with YRAP
- Please come out for a night of fantastic food at the Melting Pot on Wednesday, May 21st! The dinner starts at 6:30pm and includes a 4 course dinner with 5 courses of wine. Tickets are $80 (includes tax and gratuity).
- Join us for our LOL for Charity event at the Comic Strip to support YRAP with Adam Hunter from the Last Comic Standing headlining! Tickets are $20 and you must be 18 or older to attend.Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or message us on facebook to request tickets to either of these events.
- Any youth interested in taking a class, workshop, or applying for post-secondary are encouraged to apply for the Urban Games Bursary, worth up to 1000$! Please contact email@example.com for more details!
- Help YRAP’s cell phone drive!
Presenting YSAP, YRAP’s newest program!
The Youth Support and Advocacy Program (YSAP) uses a circle approach within schools for youth facing barriers to school attendance due to difficult social circumstances. The goal is to get to know the root causes of the student’s absenteeism. All parties will collaboratively construct conditions which will put the youth in a better position to attend school on a more regular basis. Students may also be referred to us as an alternative for expulsion or other disciplinary action at the discretion of the schools.The program is very similar to YRAP’s core program as it retains restorative justice as it’s focus and uses panels and mentors.
For a list of Edmonton services available to Youth check out this resource list.
- A special thanks to all the donors who helped make our first annual Judicial Jamboree a huge success!
Vicky and Cam Andress
Felix and Michelle Anselmo
The Melting Pot
Brad Foster (Art Wear Inc.)
Jeff’s Auto Glass
Michael Sands (Fountain Tire Downtown)
Winnifred Stewart Association
- Big thanks to the Edmonton Community Foundation’s Eldon & Anne Foote Fund, and the Youth Empowerment Program for their continued support!!!
- YRAP has moved into a new home! We are now in The John Howard Building, Suite 101, 10010 105 Street. Be sure to check our contact page for our new contact and mailing info.
- We are currently looking for youth mentors! Email Taylor Rae at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them at 780-415-5831 for more information.