News & Announcements
What’s happening with YRAP?
- Our 2014 Annual General Meeting took place on Sunday, January 18, 2015! Welcome our board members and coordinators, new and old!
- We are gearing up for our 2nd Annual Judicial Jamboree Benefit on Saturday, June 6, 2015! Please visit our events page for more information!
- If you are a youth and are interested in taking a class, workshop, or applying for post-secondary, please apply for the Urban Games Bursary, worth up to $1000! Contact us for more details!
- Contribute to our cellphone drive!
- We are always looking for new volunteers! Please see our mentorship page for more information!
- Stay tuned for more exciting things in the future!
Presenting YSAP, YRAP’s newest program!
The Youth Support and Advocacy Program (YSAP) uses a circle approach within schools for youth facing barriers to school attendance due to difficult social circumstances. The goal is to get to know the root causes of the student’s absenteeism. All parties will collaboratively construct conditions which will put the youth in a better position to attend school on a more regular basis. Students may also be referred to us as an alternative for expulsion or other disciplinary action at the discretion of the schools.The program is very similar to YRAP’s core program as it retains restorative justice as it’s focus and uses panels and mentors.
Check out this resource list for services in Edmonton available to youth and young adults!
- Thank you so much, Mack Male for helping us get our website back up and running!
- Thank you to all the supporters who help us help our youth!
Vicky and Cam Andress
Felix and Michelle Anselmo
The Melting Pot
Brad Foster (Art Wear Inc.)
Jeff’s Auto Glass
Michael Sands (Fountain Tire Downtown)
Winnifred Stewart Association
- A huge thanks to the Edmonton Community Foundation’s Eldon & Anne Foote Fund, and the Youth Empowerment Program for their continued support!!!